Minto US Open: Sun Apr 24 - Sat Apr 30, 2022
WHEN & WHAT: The following is based on the schedule published here.
- Sun Apr 24 - Pro Singles; Sr. Pro Singles.
- Mon Apr 25 - Pro & Sr. Pro Split Age Gender Doubles.
- Tue Apr 26 - Pro & Sr. Pro Split Age Mixed Doubles.
- Wed Apr 27 - Sr. Pro Men's Doubles.
- Thu Apr 28 - Sr. Pro Women's Doubles; Pro Mixed Doubles "Qualifier".
- Fri Apr 29 - Pro Gender Doubles; Sr. Pro Mixed Doubles.
- Sat Apr 30 - Pro Mixed Doubles; Pro Finals (Mixed, Women's and Men's).
HOW TO WATCH:
- Based on the schedule above, the livestream will be starting each day at, I believe, 2pm ET / 11am PT, and broadcast to Pickleball Channel on YouTube.
- The only exception seems to be that the Pro finals on Sat Apr 30 will be broadcast (exclusively?) to CBS Sports Network starting at 7pm ET. (How to watch CBS Sports Network without cable.)
TIDBITS OF INTEREST:
- This tournament will be played at East Naples Community Park in Naples, FL.
- The weather forecast for Naples, FL looks hot and humid with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. So basically, your typical Florida weather.
- In MXD – Ben & Simone are teaming up again to defend their 2021 US Open crown; Lindsey Newman who very recently gave birth to her second child (congrats!) will be back on the court with her brother, Riley Newman; Catherine Parenteau & Tyson McGuffin are teaming up for I believe the first time, as are Jessie Irvine & Tyler Loong.
- In Women's Doubles, we'll get to see a few interesting first time partnerships: Simone Jardim & Lauren Stratman, Lindsey Newman & Jessie Irvine, Anna Bright & Regina Franco (who also just became a mom pretty recently, congrats!)
- In Men's Doubles, we'll also get to see a couple of new partnerships: Tyson McGuffin & Tyler Loong, Jw Johnson & Eden Lica, Pat Smith & Andrei Daescu.
- Noticeably absent from the US Open: Leigh & Anna Leigh Waters, and Jay Devilliers.
WHO: Find the full player list and brackets on PickleballTournaments.com
THIS POST SPONSORED BY: Jigsaw Health Pickleball Hydration Stack™ Did you know there’s actually 2 types of muscle cramps? Click here to learn why we can help with both kinds…
Bwraaaaack...Thx for using PickleballParrot.com! ;-)
Please share this post on your social channels to help grow Pro Pickleball!
And check out the full upcoming Pro Pickleball schedule here.